Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Power of 2 Words....THANK YOU!

As an actress, sending thank you cards is one of my favorite ways to reach out.  Thank you Tweets, FaceBook messages, emails and hand written cards to Casting Directors, Agents, Managers, Directors, Producers....  I have done it all and here is my favorite thank you story. 



I was on set as an actress in a movie shooting in Seattle and I remember after a long day of filming I was riding an elevator with one of the producers and he smiled at me and said, "you know what got you this part Christina?"  I was surprised to hear this and said, "My talents?" He laughed and said yes that too but do you know what separated you from all the rest of the actresses?"  "Tell me" I said.  He said, after your audition and callback you wrote a handwritten thank you card to me and the director that was so thoughtful and generous and I thought, "That's a girl I want to have on my set."  He said, it was between you and one other actress for this role and your thank you card sealed the deal for me on you.  WOW.  I had a tear in my eye as he said this and thought.  I will always send thank you cards no matter what.  That meant so much to me.  For all the times, I sent a thank you card and never got acknowledged this made up for it and made me realize the power of a thank you card. 

Send a thank you card to anyone this week and watch how good it feels!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

NETGEAR PowerLINE 1000 Mbps WiFi 1 Gigabit Port  What a lifesaver, It's perfect for connecting smart TVs, streaming players and game con...