Friday, November 7, 2014

The Power of Saying NO!

An an actress, it's not every day an offer comes along (although I pray and hold the space for that to happen) so when an offer does come along, it might sound crazy to say "NO" right?

Well, here's the thing (my little secret)

When an opportunity for a casting or an offer for a role in a project flows to me, I have to feel Grateful for the opportunity but then ask myself:



1.  Is this in alignment with my target goals?

2.  Will this role be a career building role for me?  (Will I be working with collaborators who inspire me? Will this look really great on my resume?  Will this be a step up from the roles I have done before?)

3.  How will this role make me feel?

One of my favorite mentors, Dallas Travers taught me, "If it's not a Hell YES, it's a Hell NO"

Sometimes it really just does not feel right in my gut and I have to trust that.  At the end of the day, you know best!  Trust yourself.

Living Mantra :  (repeat after me)  I trust myself to be myself and to make the best decisions for my highest good and the good of all concerned.

Have fun making decisions!!

No comments:

NETGEAR PowerLINE 1000 Mbps WiFi 1 Gigabit Port  What a lifesaver, It's perfect for connecting smart TVs, streaming players and game con...